Monday, February 22, 2010

22.February.2010

I know I'm a little late on the whole lent thing but I've finally made my choice. I'm giving up alcohol for lent. I've got plenty of reasons but I think the most significant one is that I'm trying to be a bit stronger in certain areas of my life. Like putting time aside to study, to run, to cook, etc. I find that alcohol often leads me to the shortest way around each of these and more. I end up watching episode after episode of some show I'm not that even interested in or ordering 20 bones worth of Thai food with the intention of having left overs or not getting out of bed until noon. Plus, giving up the drink for lent comes with the added bonus of saving me tons of money as well. So there you have it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go. Such a very smart move on your part. You can have a beer at the Easter Party so that is something to look forward to.....or just quit forever!!!! Love you, Mombo

Unknown said...

dude I have $20 for like the next week and a half. My grad loan is having problems so I might be forcing myself into this kind of quitting drinking thing.

Dimitri said...

ha, i think dempsey has joined forces too. let's see how it goes.