Thursday, February 28, 2008

Num Jongsanan Fairtex

After the whole cyst incident I have been hesitant to hold pads for anybody. I mean, really, there is nothing like a good, hard kick to the wrist after ad injury, right?? Wrong. So instead I have been doing a lot of bag work, and pad work on my own. Yesterday though, after my first round on the pole bag Jongsanan, which I just found out is his last name his first being Num, put Thai pads on and yelled at me to go with him. I don't know about you, but I feel incredibly honored when I am singled out by a trainer, especially one as famous and revered as Jongsanan. Now, he only held for me for two rounds but I gave it all I had and he beat me up pretty good. I don't know if you have ever been through anything like this but imagine working as hard and as fast as you can on any exercise, lets say hurtles or something, all while someone is punching you in the left eye and forehead and ears over and over again. It's hard and it hurts and it's frustrating.
After the two rounds I saw that I need lots of work on composure, form, stamina and speed. It was good to train with someone who really pushes you. If they don't acknowledge your limits then it helps you to turn a blind eye to them too. This makes me want to fight again.

No comments: