Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My final morning in Fiji

This is it. My final morning in Fiji. It is 5:00am and my belly is still full from the wonderful dinner made for me last night. The food was amazing, but even more wonderful was the post dinner Kava session (Savusavu). Sitting around the Tanoa were Tom and Erik (my bosses), Pasemaca (office girl), Pa's mom Taka, Pa's Grandfather, Uncle Meka, Pa's Aunt, Joshua and myself. Josh had a guitar so in between Taki rounds we were all singing and clapping and laughing and joking. When it was finally time to leave the family got together and sang the Fijian farewell song to me. After much hugging and kissing and kind words I was off to bed. This place is truly special. Never before have I met a people as kind and selfless as the Fijians.

Bula Vinaka, Fiji. Moce Joe...Weylay Milay...Weylay Fiji...

Vinaka Vaka Levu everyone.

No comments: